Twittville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Twittville Blog
Similar topics
Twittville Twitter

Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JosueSanchez

Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4 Empty
PostSubject: Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4   Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:09 am

Smallville: Loved and Lost

Chapter 4

THE PRESENT 

Clark sobbed. He had finished scanning the wreck area for survivors to no avail. Standing in place with eyes closed, he focused his super-hearing but failed to pick anything up as well. He continued to listen while he thought about what to do next. His heart had burst along with the explosion. He couldn’t bear the thought she could be gone… forever. 

He loved her so, and now she was gone! What use was all this power? Why would he want it? Was there an ability he did not know about or Jor-El had kept from him that could bring her back? He remembered how recently he had briefly developed the ability to read people’s minds. He was tired of losing loved ones. Thinking perhaps Jor-El had the answer, he sped away and traveled north.

As he super-sped over the mountains and frozen tundra, he saw a tall cloud of fire in the far distance. His eyes widened and he pushed on faster until he arrived at the source - the Fortress. It had collapsed, and melted. Whatever had been inside that could burn had burned, and the smoke rose over two hundred feet. 

"How can all this have happened, and who was behind it?" he thought. "Was Lois' accident related to this attack on the Fortress?" 

Realizing he had now lost Jor-El too, he felt vulnerable and lonely as he put out the fire and blew away the smoke so as not to get any attention. He would get to the bottom of everything, because he would not let things end this way.  "But where to begin?" he thought.

At that moment, a loud sound rang in his ears. He almost felt that he had heard that sound before. The loud ringing actually hurt his ears. But at the same time, he felt it was communicating to him, telling him to find its source. So once again, he found himself speeding toward the sound’s point of origin.

After a period of running, and to his surprise, he arrived in Smallville. As he was passing by Miller's Bend, he put two and two together about the sound’s origin.

To his surprise, when he had stopped, he had arrived at The Kawatche caves.

He quickly rushed inside and was hoping to find a familiar face or voice. But after walking around and pacing back and forth, nothing and no one revealed itself. At that moment, his heart dropped deeper, and he sat in a corner of the cave walls and bowed his head in sadness. 

Suddenly, he felt someone standing over him. He looked up and found it was a familiar face.

"Kara!" He clamored to his feet excitedly. 

It was his cousin Kara, who had left a while back to go to a distant galaxy, and he had worried about her so. But now, she was here. She wore a tight, blue leather-like body-suit with a red cape. Clark couldn't help but notice the colorful House of El crest on her chest; it was impressive and much better than his, he thought. 

They hugged tightly. 

She explained that she had heard the signal calling to her as well, and it had told her to transport herself to the cave. In turn, he went on to explain to her all of the events of that horrible day. 

She hugged him tightly once again,

"I am here with you now, Kal-El. We will figure it all out," she comforted him. 

Suddenly, a voice they both recognized spoke, "Kal-El and Kara, you have arrived."

"Jor-El, what is happening?" Clark said, looking at the cave-tops. 

"This is the work of Brainiac," Jor-El responded. "The Fortress has been destroyed, and I transferred much of its stored memory to these caves."

"Jor-El," Kara interrupted, "What do we do? We have tried facing him before, and it didn't go well!" She turned to look at Clark and said, "This is bad." 

"It is much worse that you perceive, Kara," responded Jor-El as he made a holographic image appear before them. It showed various local news stations simultaneously pointing out troublesome news.  

Kara grabbed Clark’s hand as all of the news anchors spoke over images of falling buildings and cities on fire.

Clark’s eyes widened. He started to rush towards the cave exit, but Kara stood in front of him. "Clark, you can't do this alone!" 

Joe-El agreed, "Kal-El, the amount of energy Brainiac siphoned from the Fortress will make him extremely powerful. It will take our combined efforts." 

"I cannot stand around and do nothing!" Clark snapped back.

"At this very moment, I am harnessing large amounts of energy from the sun. Soon, we will be in a more advantageous position."

"What am I suppose to do meanwhile?" Clark demanded. 

Kara took pride in answering that question for Jor-El. "Clark, it's time to finish your training!"

Last edited by JosueSanchez on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
athena60

PostSubject: Re: Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4   Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:07 pm

oh wow!! Kare i can't wait for the next installment you've got me at the edge of my seat.
Back to top Go down
bigge302

PostSubject: Re: Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4   Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:20 am

This was a good chapter. Nice job Josue. Can't wait to read chapter 5 my friend. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lia

PostSubject: Re: Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4   Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:10 am

Kara! At least Clark wasn't alone in his troubled moments.. I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!
Woohoo! Go Josue!
Back to top Go down
airygold

PostSubject: Suspense!   Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Can't wait for the next installment!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4   Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smallville: Loved and Lost Chapter 4
Page 1 of 1