Twittville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Twittville Blog
Similar topics
Twittville Twitter

Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JosueSanchez

Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5 Empty
PostSubject: Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5   Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:32 pm

Chapter 5

TRAINING

Jor-El explained to Clark and Kara that apparently Brainiac did not know about the caves or its whereabouts, and it was imperative for them to remain hidden until they were ready. He also mentioned he was preparing a subterranean area, even deeper than where they were, dedicated specifically for his training. After informing them of all these things, He began the preparations of the cave.

Clark and Kara could feel the ground moving below them. It was almost like and earthquake. It continued to shake, until finally, after a few minutes, there was calm. Then, not to far from where they stood, there was a sound as if the ground was opening. When it stopped, they saw a bright light beaming out of the ground. They walked toward the glowing area and found what seemed like an entrance way.

There were stairs that lead them down toward the light. As they descended down, it got much brighter, until they were finally able to see what Jor-El had prepared for them.

Clark was marveled by what he saw. This new cavern was larger than the existing one. It was enormous, with gigantic crystals protruding up from the ground, as well as pointing down from the cavern top, and from the sides. Although it was very bright, it was hard for Clark to determine where exactly all the light was coming from. It was almost like daytime in there.

But the most amazing thing was the size of the crystal-filled cavern. All Clark could think of to describe it was that it was "like a huge football stadium."

They walked towards the center of the cave together.  Kara took his hands and said to him, "Kal-El, I know you had a rough day today, but soon we will have to go out there and face Brainiac. Now, in order to save those people I'm going to need you to put everything aside and let what you know is deep inside of you, in your very blood, surface today."

As Kara spoke, she started levitating off of the ground slowly. "It's really easy, cousin. I promise. Now just think 'up.'"

Clark realized this was all about the flight issue. He looked around and appreciated what a great arena for flight training this was. Yet, he couldn't understand why flight frustrated him so.

But when he thought about his mom and Chloe and how they were still out there, it was a frightening feeling, and it overshadowed any other fear he had.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, and then jumped...

He shot up almost sixty feet before starting to fall back down again, crashing and cracking various large crystals he landed upon. His great leap did not bring him closer to flying.

As he stood up and brushed himself off, he noticed the broken crystal had grown back instantly.

Kara landed gently next to him. "Clark, flight is not about jumping. It's about willing yourself to be lighter than air."

"I just don't feel it like you do!" he replied.

She pulled on his arm, bringing him closer to her. "Look, we are from a planet with a much greater gravity pull than Earth. That combined with the effect of this yellow sun, trust me, is the reason we can defy this planet's gravity."

She began to whisper, "Just close your eyes, and imagine yourself becoming lighter and lighter, as if you are challenging the gravity the pulls you to release you."

He closed his eyes and started imagining himself being as light as a cloud. He focused his thoughts on how his feet felt firmly set on the ground. At that moment, he could actually feel a little weightless. He became excited and continued focusing on getting off of the ground, never once opening his eyes.

This freedom reminded him of how less than a day ago he was with Lois. Feeling the embrace of her arms felt like what he always imagined flight would feel like. He remembered how the texture of her hair felt, it was like soaring through the clouds. Her breath was like the sweet sky winds on his face. He remembered the smoothness of her kisses, they where fuel for his heart.

He was relaxed, and momentarily free. 

Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder. When he opened his eyes, he realized he was off of the ground - way off. He was actually bumping himself against the top of the cave, almost one hundred feet above the ground. Kara was right in front of him with a huge grin on her face.

Clark no! Kara screamed, "Don't look down!"

But Clark did, and when he realized how high he was, he panicked and began to fall.

"Too late!" she cracked, as she flew down quickly.

He was falling fast. Quickly closing his eyes, he thought of clouds, and feathers, and kissing Lois, and anything light he could imagine as he waited to hit the ground; but he never did. When he opened his eyes again he was a few feet off the ground, just bobbing in the air.

He grinned and realized how liberating it felt. He flipped and spun where he floated, but never moved from the same spot.

He tried to move, but couldn't. He stretched his body, and shot his hand forward, but this didn't help.

Again, Kara approached him kindly. "Okay, Kal-El, this is the next step"

She landed and took his arms while he still floated. "It's not about stretching or reaching or actual implemented force. It's more about feeling yourself going a particular direction, and willing yourself to do it. Now, close your eyes and imagine you are moving yourself away, but never physically doing it."

Once again, Clark followed her instructions and started to sense it was working. He felt himself actually moving away from Kara. His hands slipped away from hers, as he smoothly moved away.

When Clark opened his eyes, Kara was looking at him proudly. His eyes looked up, and he tilted his head, and then, swiftly, he began ascending. Kara watched him and realized how natural he seemed at flying. Why did he put it off for so long?

Around and around he went, circling the cavern walls, faster and faster. For the next hour he circled, rolled and sped. He seemed unstoppable. With Jor-El's assistance, they went over using his heat vision while in mid-flight and lifting heavy objects. Kara also had the energy crystal replicate a Kryptonian fabric with which he could make him something different to wear. It was similar to hers, but it was darker. She also added the colorful house of El crest to the chest.

"That looks uncomfortable," Clark complained, but he didn't put up much of a fight.

As he was trying on the suit, Jor-El called to them both.

A large holographic image appeared in the center of the cave. The image was a close-up of Brainiac in the form of Milton Fine. He had apparently taken over the television airwaves, and Jor-El had picked it up. Brainiac addressed Kal-El as a coward for hiding and challenged him to show himself.

"Soon you will feel the full wrath of Doomsday." The image panned to a construction site. A large un-manned drilling machine was excavating dirt in the center of the site.

Clark recognized it to be the site where he had buried Doomsday, deeply below the surface, just a few months back.

"But meanwhile, I will have fun with you," Brainiac exclaimed joyfully.

The image panned back, revealing more of Brainiac and his surroundings. As it the image widened, Clark's heart dropped suddenly.

Brainiac stood on the roof-top of the Luthorcorp building, and his left arm was reaching out over the ledge. Clenched from the throat and hanging over the side of the skyscraper was Lois. She shook and kicked, but she could not release herself from his grip.

"Since you ignored my challenge, then perhaps some incentive will lure you to me."

At the moment, Brainiac unclenched his hand and released Lois. 

She began to plummet...
Back to top Go down
lia

PostSubject: Re: Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5   Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:31 am

Clark flew!! YAY!! And super YAY for Lois! I knew she couldn't be dead. Cool cliffy Josue!
Back to top Go down
laurafor

PostSubject: Re: Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5   Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:52 am

Absolutely LOVED it buddy!!!!! Great job! (Jan)
Back to top Go down
DooneyPu

PostSubject: Re: Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5   Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:55 am

J-

Is this a recap of a previous episode or your story of what might happen? (Don't forget, I'm still a newbie with this show lol)

Either way, I like it.

Are you sure you're not a secret writer for the show?

Lori F
Back to top Go down
bigge302

PostSubject: Re: Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5   Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Great job, Josue. This reminds me when I thought in season 7 that Kara was the one that will teach Clark how to fly and succeed. Oh Well!!! Can't wait for next chapter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5   Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smallville: Loved and Lost - Chapter 5
Page 1 of 1